I shared a picture of these crocheted strawberries on my Instagram in 2019 and they went viral! My whole Instagram went bananas! I got a lot of questions if I would like to share the patterns so here it is! Since then this has become one of my most saved and viewed patterns both on Instagram and here on the blog. I hope you enjoy it too!
STRAWBERRY - Free crochet pattern
ABBREVIATIONS [US Terms]
Click on the (pink underlined) stitch to go to the video tutorial.
r - row
st - stitch
ch - chain
sl st - slip stitch
sc - single crochet
inc - increase
dec - decrease
[…]x… - repeat instructions in the brackets ... times,
(…) - the number of stitches at the end of the round
Tip! I've made beginner-friendly video tutorials on basic crochet stitches. Click on the name of the stitch to go to the video! There's also a video tutorial for the strawberry treat you can watch here.
- 3 colors of sport weight yarn (50g = 160m), 3.00 mm crochet hook, stuffing, pins, tapestry needle, scissors
- The strawberry is crocheted from the bottom up in a continuous spiral.
- Begin by crocheting a magic circle with yarn A.
- Watch the video tutorial here.
r 1: 2 ch, 6 sc in the second chain from the hook. (6) = magic circle
r 2: [1 sc, inc]x3. (9)
r 3: [2 sc, inc]x3. (12)
r 4: [3 sc, inc]x3. (15)
r 5: [4 sc, inc]x3. (18)
r 6: [5 sc, inc]x3. (21)
r 7: [6 sc, inc]x3. (24)
r 8-9: 24 sc. (24)
r 10: [2 sc, dec]x6. (18)
r 11: [1 sc, dec]x6. (12)
- Stuff the strawberry.
- Cut off the yarn but save approximately 20 cm so that you have something to attach the leafy thing to the strawberry with. Fasten the other yarn end.