Have you ever tried a lussebulle, lussekatt or saffrans bulle (saffron bun)? This is a typical Christmas bun that is especially common in Sweden and also in some Finnish homes around Lucia (13.12). I'm so excited to share this free pattern with you! Isn't it adorable? I've added mine to my keychain to make it more festive. Happy crocheting!
Veronica Lönnqvist (2019)
© 2019 Garnknuten . Veronica Lönnqvist - All rights reserved. This pattern is for PERSONAL USE ONLY! The pattern (or parts of it) may not be reproduced, distributed or resold, translated, published, altered, shared or posted (for sell or for free) over the internet or offline! You can sell items made from this pattern, if they are handmade by yourself in a limited number and you give credit to the designer. Please add the following text to your item description and any item you are selling: ”This crocheted product is handmade by ...(your name)... from a design and pattern by Garnknuten . Veronica Lönnqvist / www.garnknuten.com”
Yarn (ex. BC Garn Alba 50g = 160 m), crochet hook (ex. 3.00 mm), scissors, tapestry needle, stuffing
28 sc stitches on 10 cm | 30 rows on 10 cm.
approx 8 cm - 10 cm
r = row, st = stitch, sl st = slip stitch, ch = chain stitch, sc = single crochet, inc = increase, dec = decrease, bob = bobble stitch
▪ The lussebulle is crocheted in a sprilar from top to down.
r 1: 2 ch, 6 sc in the second chain from the hook. (6) = magic circle
r 2: [inc]x6. (12)
r 3: [1 sc, inc]x6. (18)
r 4: [2 sc, inc]x6. (24)
r 5: [3 sc, inc]x6. (30)
r 6-8: 30 sc. (30)
r 9: 15 sc, 5 ch, skip the next 15 st. (20)
▪ Continue to crochet around these 20 st.
r 10-12: 20 sc. (20)
r 13: [3 sc, dec]x4. (16)
r 14: [2 sc, dec]x4. (12)
r 15: [1 sc, dec]x4. (8)
r 16: [dec]x4. (4)
▪ Cut of the yarn and continue to crochet around the other hole.
r 10-21: 20 sc. (20)
▪ Cut of the yarn and fasten of the end.
▪ Stuff the lussebulle.
▪ Continue to crochet this small piece.
r 1: 2 ch, 4 sc in the second chain from the hook. (4) = magic circle
r 2: [inc]x4. (8)
r 3: [1 sc, inc]x4. (12)
r 4: [2 sc, inc]x4. (16)
r 5: [3 sc, inc]x4. (20)
r 6-8: 20 sc. (20)
▪ Attach the small piece onto the bigger piece so that you get an S shape.
r 22: 15 sc around the big piece, skip 5 st and jump over to the small piece, 15 sc around the small piece. (30)
r 23-25: 30 sc. (30)
r 26: [3 sc, dec]x6. (24)
r 27: [2 sc, dec]x6. (18)
r 28: [1 sc, dec]x6. (12)
▪ Stuff the lussebulle.
r 29: [dec]x6. (12)
▪ Cut of the yarn and fasten of the yarn ends.
▪ Close the tiny gaps with a couple of stitches.
▪ Shape your lussebulle into an 8-shape by stitching through it a couple of times.
r 1: 2 ch, bob in the second chain from the hook, sl st in the same st.
▪ Cut of the yarn and attach the raisins to your lussebulle.