Veronica Lönnqvist (2019)
© 2019 Garnknuten . Veronica Lönnqvist - All rights reserved. This pattern is for PERSONAL USE ONLY! The pattern (or parts of it) may not be reproduced, distributed or resold, translated, published, altered, shared or posted (for sell or for free) over the internet or offline! You can sell items made from this pattern, if they are handmade by yourself in a limited number and you give credit to the designer. Please add the following text to your item description and any item you are selling: ”This crocheted product is handmade by ...(your name)... from a design and pattern by Garnknuten . Veronica Lönnqvist / www.garnknuten.com”
Yarn (ex. BC Garn Alba 50g = 160 m), crochet hook (ex. 3.00 mm), scissors, tapestry needle
28 sc stitches on 10 cm | 30 rows on 10 cm.
ABBREVIATIONS [US-terms] - Click on the stitch to go to the video tutorial.
CHRISTMAS STOCKING CROCHET PATTERN
▪ The christmas stocking is crocheted in a spiral if nothing else is mentioned.
▪ Follow the colour changes if you want a striped stocking.
▪ Start to crochet with red yarn.
r 1: 2 ch, 6 sc in the second chain from the hook. (6) = magic circle
r 3: [1 sc, inc]x6. (18) cc to white
r 5: 24 sc. (24) cc to red
r 6-7: 24 sc. (24) cc to white
r 8-9: 24 sc. (24) cc to red
r 10-11: 24 sc. (24) cc to white
r 12-13: 24 sc. (24) cc to red
▪ The heel is crocheted back and forth.
r 15: 12 sc. (12) ch, turn.
r 16-20: 18 sc. (18) ch, turn.
r 21: 12 sc. (12) ch, turn.
r 22-26: 6 sc. (6) ch, turn.
▪ Now it’s time to continue crocheting around the sock in spiral.
r 27: 6 sc, 6 sc at the edge of r 15-20, 6 sc on r 14, 6 sc at the edge of r 15-20. (24) cc to white
r 28-29: 24 sc. (24) cc to red
r 30-31: 24 sc. (24) cc to white
r 32-33: 24 sc. (24) cc to red
r 34-35: 24 sc. (24) cc to white
r 36-37: 24 sc. (24) cc to red
▪ The ribbing is crocheted back and forth and attached to the stocking at the same time as it's crocheted.
r 38: 6 ch. (6) ch, turn.
r 39 (bl): 6 sc. (6) skip the next st on r 37, sl st in the next st on r 37, turn.
r 40 (bl): 6 sc. (6) ch, turn.
r 41 (bl): 6 sc. (6) skip the next st on r 37, sl st in the next st on r 37, turn.
▪ Repeat r 40-41 until the ribbing goes all the way around the shaft of the stocking. End the ribbing by crocheting the first row on the ribbing and the last row together with 6 sc in the back loops.
▪ Close up the holes at the heel and weave in the yarn ends.